The type of personal information we collect
How we collect personal information
Personal information we collect about you from others
8. Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
a. financial and/or transaction details from payment in order to process a transaction;
b. third party service providers (like Google, Facebook), which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service.
The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
c. other third party sources/ and or partners, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the ArtSolution platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks. We also receive information about you as a rights holder from our third party authors. For example, information in the form of a model release when your image is used in an item made available on our Sites.
How we use personal information
9. We will use your personal information:
a. To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites.
b. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
i. operating the Sites;
ii. providing you with services described on the Sites;
iii. verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
iv. responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
v. updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
vi. carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
vii. monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
viii. managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
ix. managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
x. training ArtSolution staff about how to best serve our user community;
xi. improving our products and services.
xii. providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
xiii. processing your job application to ArtSolution.
c. Where you give us consent:
i. providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
d. For purposes which are required by law.
e. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or lawenforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
10. We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
a. authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in;
b. subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in EU and US; technical and customer support services; marketing and analytics services; security and fraud prevention; subscription management; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
c. regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
d. a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
e. a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
f. a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
g. a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
h. other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
11. We are based in Belgium so your data will be processed in Belgium. Some of the recipients we have described in section 10 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside Belgium. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
12. We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in Belgium. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
13. You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Cookies and web analytics
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
How you can contact us
23. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy officer in writing at Avenue Louise 350, 1050 Brussels, Belgium or email@example.com.
24. You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
Changes to this policy
28. Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.